Melvin J. Schiff Fellowship Fund
The Melvin J. Schiff Fellowship Fund was established by the family, friends and associates of Mel Schiff in 2001 to honor his contributions to the corrosion control community. This scholarship is awarded to an outstanding student, professional or technician, in the United States, who is interested in furthering his or her knowledge of corrosion and corrosion control. The NACE Foundation will award one (1) scholarship to one student, in the amount of $1,000, on behalf of the NACE Los Angeles Section and Schiff Associates.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Scholarship is open to any professional, technician or full/part-time student (currently enrolled at an accredited college or university).
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicant must demonstrate an interest in furthering his/her knowledge of corrosion and corrosion control.
2. Candidate Evaluation
The following information should be included for review by the Selection Committee:
- Completed Application
- Academic transcript
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms from educators or employers familiar with applicants background
- Supplemental Essay Question(s)
3. Application Guidelines
In addition to the information above, please be sure to review the General Scholarship Guidelines. Applicants must meet all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and answer all required essay questions.