Travel Assistance Program
Each year the NACE Foundation Board of Directors allocates a minimum of $25,000 (USD) to help fund student travel to NACE’s CORROSION conference. Travel Assistance awards are equally distributed among applicants, with the maximum amount allocated per applicant being $300 (USD). Students will be notified of travel awards in mid-February.
1. Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible to receive Travel Assistance, students must be in attendance at the conference for a minimum of two nights / three days. The NACE Foundation has made this travel assistance available to support the following students:
NACE Foundation scholarship recipients*
- Presenters in the Student Poster Session*
- Named presenters of a paper in the technical program*
*Note: Students who meet more than one criteria are only eligible to receive one travel award.
2. Travel Assistance Redemption @ CORROSION 2020 in Houston, TX
- Travel Assistance certificates will be available for pick-up at the conference on Monday, March 16, 2020 during the Student Poster Session orientation (for SPS presenters ONLY) and/or the NACE U Student Meeting. If you are unable to attend either meeting, certificates can be picked up at Registration on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- Certificates must be redeemed for cash at the conference Registration desk on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 during the CORROSION 2020 conference and expo. A valid photo ID is required and students will be required to complete a W8/W9 form (Social Security Number required, if applicable). Specific times for redemption will be indicated on the certificate.