Theodore D. Harrington Scholarship
The NACE Foundation will award one (1) scholarship in the amount of $1,200 to one student, on behalf of the NACE Western Area.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must have a permanent residence within the boundaries of the NACE Western Area (AZ, CA, ID, NV, OR, UT, WA).
- Scholarship is open to any individual who demonstrates an interest in furthering his/her knowledge of corrosion control.
- Funds to be applied to direct costs of formal education courses related to the field of corrosion control. Books and materials specifically required for completion of a designated course may also be included. “Formal education course” is defined as a structured class, presentation, or home study program. In addition to NACE International education courses and seminars – including locally sponsored activities such as the Western States Corrosion Seminar and the Appalachian Corrosion Short Course – acceptable examples would include courses offered by an accredited college or university, or by industry, or such other programs as may be approved by the area upon application.
2. Candidate Evaluation
The following information should be included for review by the Selection Committee:
- Completed Application
- Academic transcript
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms from educators or employers familiar with applicants background
- Supplemental Essay Question(s)
3. Application Guidelines
In addition to the information above, please be sure to review the General Scholarship Guidelines. Applicants must meet all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and answer all required essay questions.