NACE Puget Sound Section Academic Scholarship
This scholarship was created to recognize outstanding students in the NACE Puget Sound Section who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of science and/or engineering. Both the NACE Foundation and the NACE Puget Sound Section are committed to encouraging and assisting the most qualified and brightest students as they reach for their career goals and ambitions. On behalf of the NACE Puget Sound Section, the NACE Foundation will award one (1) academic scholarship in the amount of $2,500.00.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate Engineering or Physical Science program.
- Applicants must either have a permanent residence or attend a college/university that lies within the geographic boundaries of the NACE Puget Sound Section.
- Students enrolled in 2-year or junior colleges are eligible to apply.
- Post-doctorate students are not eligible.
2. Candidate Evaluation
The following information should be included for review by the Selection Committee:
- Completed Application
- Academic transcript
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms from educators or employers familiar with applicants background
- Supplemental Essay Question(s)
3. Travel Assistance Stipend
The recipient of the NACE Puget Sound Section Scholarship is eligible to receive a travel stipend in the amount of $500 (USD) in order to subsidize his or her travel to NACE’s Annual Conference and be recognized in-person at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. Attendance at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony is mandatory in order to receive the stipend. Travel Assistance will be available for pick-up at the conference Registration area during designated times the following Wednesday.
4. Application Guidelines
In addition to the information above, please be sure to review the General Scholarship Guidelines. Applicants must meet all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and answer all required essay questions.